Integra Government Services International (Integra) is a professional services firm that focuses on economic and institutional development matters worldwide. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Integra provides technical and managerial expertise to clients on matters related to economic development through trade, investment, the application of science and technology (including information and communications technologies), improved business enabling environments, and enterprise and institutional development.
Integra is pursuing a USAID opportunity focused on sustainable land management environment and resources. The purpose of these activities is to provide critical technical assistance and support to help USAID address these challenges, increasing the agency programs’ results and sustainability, as well as delivering new analysis and learning.
The Chief of Party will provide overall project leadership, management, quality control, timeliness of deliverables, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and Integra policies and procedures.
- Provide overall management and technical leadership of the project.
- Oversee the development and implementation of work plans, operational budgets and performance management plans.
- Lead subject experts with experience in land tenure; securing resource rights and improving resource governance; capacity building; land, law, and policy; climate change land tenure; post-conflict/ post-disaster land tenure; and rights and access for women and disadvantage groups.
- Manage staff and ensure the initiative meets the stated goals and reporting requirements of the project.
- Liaise with the USAID mission, government officials, and other key donors, partner organizations and stakeholders.
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Supervise key project staff and ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Integra policies.
- Advanced postgraduate degree in a relevant technical area and a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience, with broad international experience in land tenure, land policy and land law reforms, land administration, urban planning, and/or capacity building for institutions and staff.
- Excellent knowledge of USAID policies and procedures and extensive experience managing complex projects in land tenure, previous experience as a Chief of Party.
- Proven excellent written and oral communication, presentation, negotiation and report writing skills essential.
- Prior experience in low and middle-income countries preferably in Africa, Asia and Latin America;
- Exemplary interpersonal and negotiation skills, and ability to work in teams with technical experts across different disciplines, government officials, NGOs, community organizations, and other country stakeholders;
- Experience in planning and conducting public consultations with a wide range of stakeholders in government and civil society, and in analyzing and communicating results;
- Native speaker fluency in English is required. Fluency in French and/or Spanish highly desirable;
- Work authorization in U.S. essential;
- Willingness and ability to travel to countries of assignments.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “USAID Chief of Party-April 2017” in the subject line of the e-mail. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||currently sought profiles|