CISF Capacity Building and Communications Advisor
Integra Government Services International, LLC is a professional services firm that focuses on economic and institutional development matters worldwide. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Integra provides technical and managerial expertise to clients on matters related to economic development through trade, investment, the application of science and technology (including information and communications technologies), improved business enabling environments, and enterprise and institutional development.
Integra is pursuing a USAID opportunity focused on the integration of Climate Risk Management into the design and implementation of USAID programs and activities. Climate risk management represents a significant shift in the way USAID programs development assistance, and will require building technical capacity across all regions where USAID works, as well as new analysis and learning. The purpose of this activity is to provide support for climate risk management and climate change integration, providing opportunities for USAID to build capacity and learn from experiences in implementing CRM. The activity may also be used to support focused adaptation, clean energy and sustainable landscapes programming.
The Capacity Building and Communications Advisor will provide overall coordination and technical support on communications, knowledge management, and capacity building, including training delivery of new and existing content. In particular, s/he will work to ensure harmony of approach and deliverables across all the Purchase Orders to build USAID capacity for climate risk management and climate change efforts.
- At least 5 years of experience with professional communications and knowledge management processes and practices required. Must have technical skills to produce communications products for print and online, including professional writing, editing, production, and management including Web and social media technologies, such as wikis and blogs. Must have demonstrated experience identifying needs and opportunities for knowledge sharing, and experience executing knowledge exchanges or facilitating communities of practice in-person and/or online.
- Experience with adult education theory and practice, including relevant media and technology applications, is highly desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge and work experience in technical, scientific, socioeconomic, and cultural aspects of climate change policy, especially as it relates to climate change and development.
- Experience with gender-sensitive training methods is preferred.
- Advanced degree in communications or knowledge management, or other relevant field. Experience applying skills in the context of climate change and/or development is highly desired.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please include “CISF Capacity Building and Communications Advisor” in the subject line of the e-mail. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||currently sought profiles|