Term of employment: Up to 5 years
Integra Government Services International (Integra) is a professional services firm that focuses on economic and institutional development matters worldwide. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Integra provides technical and managerial expertise to clients on matters related to economic development through trade, investment, the application of science and technology (including information and communications technologies), improved business enabling environments, and enterprise and institutional development.
Integra is pursuing a USAID opportunity focused on land management and tenure. The purpose of these activities is to provide critical technical assistance and support to help USAID address these challenges, increasing the agency programs’ results and sustainability, as well as delivering new analysis and learning.
The Country Director will assist the Chief of Party in overall project leadership, management, quality control, timeliness of deliverables, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and Integra policies and procedures at the country level.
- Provide overall management and technical leadership of the project at the country level
- Assist the Chief of Party on all overall project design and implementation.
- Oversee the development and implementation of country level work plans, operational budgets, and performance management plans.
- Manage technical and administrative staff, ensuring the initiative meets the stated goals and reporting requirements of the project.
- Liaise with in-country USAID mission, government officials, and other key donors, partner organizations, and stakeholders.
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Assist Chief of Party and collaborate with other Country Directors for integrated project design, implementation, and results monitoring.
- Advanced degree in a relevant technical area (international development, sustainable development, land management, etc.)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of in-country experience, in land tenure, land policy and land law reforms, land administration, urban planning, and/or capacity building for institutions and staff.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID policies and procedures and demonstrated experience managing complex regional projects in land tenure.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and report writing skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal and negotiation skills, and ability to work in teams with technical experts across different disciplines, government officials, NGOs, community organizations, and other country stakeholders;
- Experience in planning and conducting public consultations with a wide range of stakeholders in government and civil society, and in analyzing and communicating results;
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Spanish, Nepali, or Portuguese.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Country Director (specify country of preference) – USAID April 2017” in the subject line of the e-mail. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||currently sought profiles|