Land Administration Specialist
Term of employment: Up to 5 years
Position contingent upon award
Integra Government Services International (Integra) is a professional services firm that focuses on economic and institutional development matters worldwide. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Integra provides technical and managerial expertise to clients on matters related to economic development through trade, investment, the application of science and technology (including information and communications technologies), improved business enabling environments, and enterprise and institutional development.
Integra is pursuing a USAID opportunity focused on sustainable land management environment and resources. The purpose of these activities is to provide critical technical assistance and support to help USAID address these challenges, increasing the agency programs’ results and sustainability, as well as delivering new analysis and learning.
The Land Administration Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to program implementation in one or more of the following technical areas and other related areas as appropriate: Land Administration law, with the implementation of procedural regulations and the translation of such regulations into operational procedures, public sector capacity building, decentralized local government, customary governance systems, and design and implementation of training programs for national and local public officials. The individual may also provide support in identifying and implementing strategies for the sustainable improvement of inter-agency coordination, modernization, streamlining of procedures, and appropriate use of technology.
- Work with a team of land administration professionals and/or land lawyers in multiple countries to review current land tenure practices, including land boundary demarcation, land surveying, land information, registration.
- Provide embedded advisory services to land governance institutions.
- Lead institutional capacity development and implement training for local and national public officials.
- Identify and implement strategies for sustainable improvement of inter-agency coordination.
- Support institutional transition and establish management systems for sustainability.
- Support gender equality in land governance institutions.
- Assist in establishing a national system of land information related to community land rights.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation system in relation to land administration activities.
- Assist in organizing and conducting training sessions for staff in selected themes in land tenure and land administration.
- Organize workshops, seminars and conferences on selected themes in land tenure and land administration.
- Assist in compiling relevant literature on land tenure and administration for project action research activities.
- Advanced degree in relevant technical area (land administration, policy, etc.)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience with Land Administration Law, implementation of procedural regulations in land tenure and property rights including research, project planning and design, and implementation oversight.
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning.
- Extensive conceptual skills including strategic analysis and management skills in a complex international setting.
- Proven excellent communication, presentation, and report writing skills essential.
- Experience in planning and conducting public consultations and training with a wide range of stakeholders in government and civil society, and in analyzing and communicating results.
- Extensive prior experience in low and middle-income countries preferably in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- Capability to manage complex tasks with minimal supervision, and to work under time pressure.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in one other language is required (Spanish, Portuguese, French).
- Work authorization in U.S. essential.
- Willingness and ability to travel to countries of assignments.
Interested candidates should submit latest CV to email@example.com. Please include “Land Administration Specialist – USAID April 2017” in the subject line of the e-mail. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||currently sought profiles|