Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists
Integra is seeking qualified senior, mid, and junior level short-and long-term experts for its growing monitoring and evaluation practice. Experts may serve in a consultant capacity as a team leader, or report to a team leader, for performance and/or impact evaluation assignments. They will typically work closely as part of a team consisting of experts in qualitative and quantitative research and subject matter experts, to evaluate international development projects. Integra’s major client is the US Agency for International Development. It also provides services to other US government agencies and to the World Bank.
Date: May 2, 2016, open indefinitely
Type: Short and Long Term Assignments
Required: Excellent health, valid passport and ability to travel in the developing world. Other requirements vary; US work authorization, language skills, and/or subject matter expertise may also be required for some assignments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Monitoring and evaluation specialists may be called upon for a range of duties depending upon the specific needs of a project and level of consultant. These may include:
- Design, plan, and/or conduct performance and impact evaluations or assessments.
- Work with technical teams to define the quality of outcome/impact evidence that will be needed from their programs/projects and define appropriate longitudinal, quasi-experimental and/or point in time evaluations
- Advise on project design and establish performance measures, and use of performance information for decision-making and resource allocation
- Identify appropriate performance indicators for tracking results and monitoring critical assumptions and/or preparing comprehensive performance monitoring plans.
- Select appropriate data collection methods, and collect and analyze data for the monitoring and evaluation of project and program performance
- Assist clients in the identification of potential implementation problems and recommend appropriate strategies to address them.
- Design quantitative and qualitative research methodologies for impact evaluations and lead/conduct research.
- Facilitate knowledge building and exchange on the results of evaluations
The ideal candidate is a team player with the ability to build a solid relationship with team members through guidance, clarification, and feedback, strong analytical capacity, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Education: Master’s degree in a development field, social science, economics, or relevant discipline, or a combination of lesser qualifications and equivalent experience.
- Prior Work Experience: For junior level candidates, a minimum of two years of progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation role with an international development context. For mid level candidates, between two and ten years of experience, and for senior level candidates, greater than ten years of experience is required. Familiarity with USAID evaluation policy and practice is desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of, and proven success in the use of project management principles and tools, performance measurement and reporting, and communications and stakeholder management.
- Fluency in English. For some assignments, other language qualifications may apply.
- Experience and knowledge of techniques for researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry and technical matters, utilizing excellent problem-solving skills,
- Outstanding written communication and interpersonal skills, such as meeting facilitation and interview techniques.
For some assignments, specific international development subject matter expertise may be required. This may include expertise in:
- Information and communications technologies for development
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Biodiversity conservation and natural resources management
- Economic growth
- Agricultural development and food security
- Capacity building, training, and institutional development
To Apply: Please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist” in the subject line.
Integra is an international development firm dedicated to improving the lives of the poor by facilitating economic growth and human progress in the developing world. Integra develops and manages results-oriented and innovative strategies to create opportunities for the poor, expand access to public infrastructure, preserve resilient ecosystems, and strengthen donor programs. Our team has a proven record of taking creative approaches that yield lasting results. We hire world-class professionals with analytical, consultative, and managerial skills in several areas of expertise. Our staff and consultants get opportunities to work on challenging assignments, lead projects, and collaborate closely with our clients at global locations. Integra offers a highly collegial and team-focused work environment, competitive compensation and benefits packages along with exciting opportunities for growth for qualified staff. Integra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Job Category||currently sought profiles|