Position: Evidence Based Learning Contract – Chief of Party
Integra is a small-business international development firm specializing in implementing demand-driven development analytics, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and capacity-building projects. Our technical expertise encompasses agriculture and food security, economic growth, energy, climate resilience, environment and natural resources, and gender and social inclusion. We have provided analytical and M&E services to donor-funded projects for ten years, working across more than 50 different countries, impacting millions of stakeholders, and leveraging over $1.2 billion in public and private investment for development reforms.
Integra seeks a Chief of Party (COP) to lead and manage the anticipated USAID Egypt Evidence Based Learning Contract. This will be a full-time, key personnel position, pending award. The Contract will provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support services and build the capacity of USAID/Egypt and implementing partner (IP) staff.
These technical services and capacity-building objectives include improving the use of Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA), supporting implementing the MEL aspects of USAID/Egypt’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), and enhancing organizational effectiveness.
To these ends, the contractor will:
- Provide technical support to strengthen reporting and MEL processes, supporting USAID/Egypt and IPs in timely, evidence-based decision-making and learning;
- Investigate the key development hypotheses underlying CDCS Development Objectives (DOs) to generate learning and enable adaptation for subsequent program designs or updates to the CDCS and PMP;
- Support evidence-based project and activity design via short and long-term technical consultants to conduct stakeholders consultations, research and analysis, and sectoral and cross-cutting assessments and desk studies.
- Provide support to USAID/Egypt to improve organizational practices, business processes, and capacity for knowledge management, learning, and adaptation within USAID/Egypt’s staff;
- Deepen coordination, collaboration, knowledge sharing, and synergy within the Mission and other key Stakeholders and IPs regarding program interventions, M&E, and lessons learned.
- Provide organizational development services to strengthen leadership behaviors and build teams to ensure effective collaboration, innovation, and better impact.
- Lead Integra’s team and serve as the primary point of contact with USAID for day-to-day activity implementation and management matters.
- Lead technical operations ensuring the project tasks are completed and project objectives are met.
- Prepare and submit reports and deliverables per the contract.
- Coordinate with USAID and liaise with key counterparts.
- Assure all assistance provided under the contract, whether by international or local experts/personnel, is technically sound, appropriate, and addresses the needs.
- Manage and supervise the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract.
- Advanced degree in economics, public policy, evaluation, or another relevant discipline.
- Eight to ten years of experience assisting USAID in evaluations and assessments of similar size and scope in developing countries and comparable experience with learning and adaptive management.
- A track record of successfully implementing projects in Egypt or the MENA region.
- Familiarity or experience working with local or regional MEL organizations preferred, including strong knowledge of USAID’s CLA Framework and Program Cycle.
- Strong familiarity with USAID policies and procedures.
- Strong management, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills, including proven ability in quality assurance for technical, reporting, and other deliverables.
- Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English, with fluency in Arabic a significant plus.