Position: Logistics Expert
Project: W-GDP Portfolio Performance Evaluation – Phase 1
Activity: Expansion of Engendering Utilities
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Integra is seeking a Logistics Expert based in Maputo, Mozambique to assist in the implementation of a mid-term portfolio performance evaluation (PPE) of the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP). The purpose of this evaluation is to help USAID better understand the attributes of the Round 1 W-GDP portfolio of activities, as well as the women’s economic empowerment (WEE) interventions, results, partnerships, and sustainability effects of these activities. It is being conducted under the USAID Learning, Evaluation, and Analysis Project (LEAP III) per the request of USAID’s Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Office (GenDev).
The W-GDP PPE will be conducted in two phases: a Mid Term Evaluation (Phase 1) and a Final Evaluation (Phase II). Also under Phase I, the evaluation team will develop four field studies of select W-GDP activities and their surrounding contexts to provide insight into how a complex intervention is being implemented and the achievements or unintended effects to date. Each field study will provide deeper insights into the implementation of W-GDP activities by including the perspectives of three additional groups of stakeholders: beneficiaries, local partners, and critical associates. Any data gathered from local partners and beneficiaries will be triangulated with other data sources and drawn into the Midterm PPE.
To assist in developing the case studies, Integra seeks a Logistics Expert based in Maputo, Mozambique to support a field study on the following W-GDP-funded Activity: Expansion of Engendering Utilities. Specifically, this Activity supports the expansion of USAID’s Engendering Utilities program to Mozambique. This expansion will allow USAID to increase gender equality and tangible women’s economic empowerment outcomes, such as women attaining new jobs, promotions, higher pay, and leadership positions in its partner utility company in Mozambique.
Scope of Work:
The Logistics Expert will support the country-based evaluation team, in country and remotely, to schedule and conduct interviews with key informants, and arrange travel as necessary. The position would be expected to schedule informant interviews, provide and assist in the instruction of using remote tele/video-conferencing software with informants and/or interviewees as needed, make and confirm travel arrangements if necessary (pending COVID-19 restrictions and/or precautions), and provide progress updates to the US-based evaluation team as necessary. They must be comfortable using video/teleconference software (e.g. Zoom, Google Meets, etc.) as well as making travel arrangements (i.e. arranging cars, drivers, lodging, etc.).
This position will report to the evaluation team’s Operations Manager or her designee with an estimated level of effort of 15 days, starting November 1, 2020, through December 31, 2020.
Tasks / Deliverables:
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for the following task and/or deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Corresponding and scheduling calls with key informants;
- Sending calendar invitations and associated reminders;
- Maintaining a calendar or Google spreadsheet of appointments so that all members of the evaluation team can view in real time;
- Sending instructions on use of tele/video-conferencing software to informants and/or interviewees as necessary; and
- Providing inputs such as tables of informants interviewed, for example, to be annexed in the evaluation report.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese required;
- Extensive experience coordinating logistics and scheduling as demonstrated by experience on similar assignments;
- Proficient in the use of video/tele-conferencing software with the ability to instruct others as needing; and
- Experience arranging travel (e.g. hotels, cars, drivers) in Mozambique.