Position: Senior Program/Research Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
Integra, USAID’s 2021 small business of the year, specializes in implementing demand-driven development analytics, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL), private sector engagement, and capacity-building projects. Our technical expertise is broad, encompassing ICT, agriculture and food security, economic growth, energy, climate resilience, environment and natural resources, and gender and social inclusion. We have provided analytical and MEL services to donor-funded projects for over ten years, working across more than 50 different countries, impacting millions of stakeholders, and leveraging over $1.2 billion in public and private investment for development reforms.
The Senior Program/Research Analyst position is designed for a well-organized, highly motivated individual to support and work across the entire Integra portfolio of current and expected activities.
Current activities include:
- The USAID Learning, Evaluation and Analysis project (LEAP III), a five-year global project that supports USAID in over 35 countries in providing various economic analyses, MEL, and technical assistance.
- The USAID Asia Emerging Opportunities (AEO) activity, a five-year project that focuses on providing analytical support and technical assistance across the Asia region.
- The USAID Kenya and East Africa Evaluations, Analysis, and Assessments (KEA) multiple holder IDIQ focuses on analytical support and MEL across the region.
The Senior Program/Research Analyst will be expected to lead distinct activities under these mechanisms, from the inception phase to developing work plans and staffing plans, through implementation and close-out. This position provides the opportunity to work across a variety of sectors, as well as opportunities for short-term travel.
As Integra is a small business, the Senior Program/Research Analyst will have the opportunity to contribute to broader company functions, including contributing to technical assignments, identifying business development opportunities. The right candidate will be highly organized, able to manage multiple moving parts, and self-motivated. Attention to detail is vital, and strong client relations aptitude is critical. The Senior Program/Research Analyst is also expected to have advanced writing and editing skills. An entrepreneurial spirit would be highly valued.
The Senior Program/Research Analyst will report directly to senior Integra leadership and offers a clear pathway to promotion provided milestones are met/exceeded.
- Project Management / Operations. Lead the overall management of activities, including managing technical teams in the field, coordinating with technical leads on activity timelines, client management, and ensuring high-quality deliverables are met. Directly manage project associates to ensure accurate and timely project/activity launch, recruitment, project reporting, budget tracking and analysis, consultant timesheets and expense reports approval, and closeout.
- Research and Data Analysis. As appropriate, provide technical input to support activity implementation. This includes sectoral assessments, performance evaluations, private sector landscape assessments, and political economy assessments. Other potential assignments could include organizing trainings and training materials, facilitating workshops, or designing engaging knowledge management products.
- Business Development. Lead the development of project proposals, including opportunity identification, partnership building, and the delivery of technical and cost proposals. The Senior Program/Research Analyst will have the scope to identify and lead their business development effort based on their own experience and interests.
- MA/MS degree in related fields (business, economics, international relations, or social science).
- At least 6-8 years of experience in a similar role in international development or with a U.S. Government Agency.
- Strong financial skills required, including experience with project budgeting.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Confident writing, research, quantitative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, prioritize and multitask under tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of English, foreign language skills a plus.
- Desire to implement best practices in international development.
- Cultural understanding and overseas experience are highly preferred.
- U.S. citizenship or work permit required.