Project Operations Manager
- Project Operations. Assist in the overall management of the project, including planning, organizing, coordination, program execution and monitoring. Responsibilities will include project plan development, financial and delivery status reporting, budget tracking/analysis/forecasting, reviewing and approving cost inputs (e.g. timesheets, invoices, field expenses), maintaining contract compliance, correspondence with contracting and project officers, conducting project launch and close out activities, and guiding technical teams in project management requirements and principals.
- Research and Data Analysis. Provide research assistance and data analysis to support project work assignments. This includes Cost-Benefit Analysis, Public Financial Management, Performance Evaluations, Impact Evaluations, and Political Economy Assessments. Other work can include: Developing training materials; checking, coding, and cleaning data sets; analysis of large and small data sets; preparation of tables and figures for communication of research results; liaising with counterparts overseas; conducting and organizing literature reviews and other secondary data searches; contributing to the preparation of professional papers, research reports, presentations, articles and proposals.
- Provide Logistical and Technical Support on Assignments. Coordinate approvals, logistics, and resource/travel details for in-country work assignments. Support in-country data collection and stakeholder interviews. Ensure deliverables meet schedule and quality standards. Provide support to write project reports. Provides effective technical guidance and coordination to the overall project team and is responsible for the quality of all work products.
- MA/MS degree in related field (business, economics, international relations, or social science)
- At least 8 years’ experience in a similar role and project management certification preferred
- Strong financial skills required, including experience with project budgeting and forecasting, and adept use MS Excel
- Strong communication skills including presentation development, leadership of progress review meetings, technical editing, adept use of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills (prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines), research, quantitative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both lead and work as part of a team
- Ability to travel internationally as required
- Excellent command of English, foreign language skills a plus
- Desire to learn and implement best practices in the international development
- Cultural understanding and overseas experience highly preferred
- US citizenship or work permit required
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please include “Project Operations Manager” in the subject line of the e-mail. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||currently sought profiles|