Position: Senior Evaluation Expert
Project: W-GDP Portfolio Performance Evaluation – Phase 1
Activity: Producer Owned Women’s Enterprises (POWER)
Location: Tamil Nadu, India
Integra is seeking a Senior-level Evaluation Expert to assist in the implementation of a mid-term portfolio performance evaluation (PPE) of the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP). The purpose of this evaluation is to help USAID better understand the attributes of the Round 1 W-GDP portfolio of activities, as well as the women’s economic empowerment (WEE) interventions, results, partnerships, and sustainability effects of these activities. It is being conducted under the USAID-funded Learning, Evaluation, and Analysis Project (LEAP III), per the request of USAID’s Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Office (GenDev).
The W-GDP PPE will be conducted in two phases: a Mid Term Evaluation (Phase 1) and a Final Evaluation (Phase II). Under Phase I, the evaluation team will develop four field studies of select W-GDP-funded activities to provide insights at the local level into the successes and challenges of the intervention’s implementation, identifying the achievements and/or unintended effects to date. Each field study will incorporate the perspectives of three groups of local stakeholders: beneficiaries, local partners, and critical associates. The data gathered by the local Senior-level Evaluation Expert from local stakeholders will be triangulated with other data sources and incorporated into the Midterm PPE.
A sample case study can be found here.
To assist in developing the case studies, Integra seeks a Senior Evaluation Expert based in Tamil Nadu, India to support a field study on the following W-GDP-funded Activity: Producer Owned Women’s Enterprises (POWER). Specifically, this Activity aims to build women-owned enterprises and connect them to national and international natural and biodegradable fiber products’ supply chains. Participants receive tailored professional assistance to grow the skills and networks needed as employees and entrepreneurs. POWER will also address restrictive social norms to increase support for women as entrepreneurs.
Scope of Work:
The Evaluation Expert will support the Evaluation Team in conducting key informant interviews (KIIs) alongside a second Evaluation Expert, coding and conducting analysis of data, and assist in drafting a 5-10 page field study. We anticipate this will include travel to various activity sites in country, to be determined in consultation with USAID.
This position will report to the US-based Team Leader or her designee with an estimated level of effort of 25 days, starting November 1, 2020, through March 31, 2021. The position would be expected to conduct interviews in person and/or remotely depending on COVID-19 travel restrictions and safety precautions.
Tasks / Deliverables:
The Evaluation Expert will be responsible for the following task and/or deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Participation in calls with the Team Lead, GenDev staff and implementing partner staff as necessary
- Lead a subset of key informant interviews, taking notes as needed;
- Contribute to the analysis of responses, qualitative and quantitative, and drafting the field study;
- Participate in phone calls with Integra/LEAP III and USAID staff as needed;
- Participate in the evaluation team presentation and/or dissemination of findings with USAID, W-GDP and other stakeholders; and
- Other tasks as needed.
- Master’s Degree, plus 10 years of professional experience;
- Degree(s) in one of the social sciences or international development with evidence of
in-depth technical training in the area of MEL;
- Demonstrated expertise in MEL design and delivery, assessments, data analysis, visualization, knowledge management, management consulting, capacity building, and/or training;
- Knowledge and experience either in quantitative or qualitative research methods, with a strong understanding of qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Professional experience either as a team lead or as key staff on MEL engagements, preferably in developing countries, with high quality resulting deliverables;
- Must be based in Tamil Nadu, Indiaand have experience working on evaluations with USAID
- Must have extensive experience conducting performance evaluations and developing associated survey instruments; and
- Fluency in English and Tamil.