Position: Team Lead / Senior Evaluation Specialist / APEC Specialist (This is for one or two positions based on candidate qualifications)
Integra is an innovative international development firm established in 2010 to bring creative solutions to 21st century challenges. Headquartered in Washington, DC, we use academically grounded analytical tools and private sector partnerships to address key development challenges in the areas of economic growth, agriculture and food security, gender and women’s empowerment, climate and environment, and information and communication technology. Our work has resulted in effective project implementation and policy reforms in over 30 countries and has leveraged over one billion dollars in public and private sector funding.
US-Support for Economic Growth in Asia (US-SEGA) is a six-year project designed to improve the policy environment for sustainable economic growth and prosperity, improve regional economic cooperation, sound management of institutions and good governance throughout the Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) region and the Indo-Pacific, while also expanding markets for U.S. goods and services. The program has an office in Washington, D.C. and a presence in Singapore. US-SEGA implements activities through three components:
- Strengthening APEC
- Supporting Economic Growth Programs in the Indo-Pacific
- COVID-19 Crisis Response.
US-SEGA builds on past assistance provided to the region by the U.S. Government, to both APEC and USAID Missions, to achieve policy objectives. Through policy studies and assessments, target technical assistance, and capacity building, US-SEGA will advance sustainable economic growth, capture and disseminate best practices, and pilot innovative approaches and technologies.
We are recruiting for a Team Lead/Senior Evaluation Specialist and an APEC specialist. The ideal candidate would have all three capabilities; however we understand that this may be best met by two people.
These roles will be part of small team, up to three people (including team lead, one senior expert and one mid-level expert) to conduct a mid-term evaluation of the US-SEGA project. Specifically, the mid-term performance evaluation will examine whether, and to what extent, US-SEGA is meeting the objectives as articulated in the project’s foundational documents and M&E plan over the first half of the project,
and identify areas that can be refined or altered in the second half of implementation. The evaluation will use a standard design based on OECD/DAC principles of relevance, efficacy, efficiency and sustainability. Given the wide-ranging subject areas that US-SEGA has worked on, it will not be possible to conduct a completely comprehensive evaluation. The evaluation team will consult with USAID on which project activities to focus on within each component. These work streams are based on levels of investment and/or U.S. priority policy interests.
The proposed approach will consist of:
- Structured interviews with no fewer than 40 key stakeholders.
- Development of a case study documenting the outcomes of assistance to four combined economies (two for each component) or counterparts to allow for a deep-dive analysis of objective achievements, lessons learned, and development impact of SEGA interventions, based on interviews with key stakeholders.
- Review of US-SEGA’s M&E database outcome and output indicators to report overall levels of measured change.
The Candidates will possess a master’s degree in economics, Statistics, or other Social Science degree in a relevant subject area.
- At least eight – ten (8-10) years of experience leading research and evaluations in developing countries.
- At a minimum, familiarity with the APEC region. Extensive experience with APEC required for APEC specialist.
- Strong knowledge of USAID development policies and practices.
- Subject expertise in the following areas is preferred: Business Enabling Environment, trade and investment, digital connectivity, energy, infrastructure, private
sector engagement, market systems, and women’s economic empowerment.
- Experiencing managing and/or participating in teams, maintaining project timelines and applying quality control measures to ensure timely and value deliverables for
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and written and oral communication skills;
- Professional fluency in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
The work is expected to begin in mid to late September.