Position: Senior Associate – French Required
Location: Washington, DC
Integra is a small-business international development firm specializing in implementing demand-driven development analytics, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and capacity-building projects. Our technical expertise encompasses agriculture and food security, economic growth, energy, climate resilience, environment and natural resources, and gender and social inclusion. We have provided analytical and M&E services to donor-funded projects for ten years, working across more than 50 different countries, impacting millions of stakeholders, and leveraging over $1.2 billion in public and private investment for development reforms.
The Associate position is designed for a well-organized, highly motivated individual to support and work under one or more projects that Integra has been awarded: The USAID-Funded Learning, Evaluation, and Analysis Project (LEAP III), the USAID-Funded Asia Emerging Opportunities (AEO) project, and the MCC-Funded Togo Threshold Advisory Services.
USAID’s Learning, Evaluation, and Analysis Project (LEAP III) and the Asia Emerging Opportunities Project were awarded to Integra by USAID in May and August of 2018, respectively. LEAP III is a 5-year, $19.6 million project supporting USAID Missions worldwide by providing various economic analyses, monitoring and evaluation, and project-design support services. While similar in structure, USAID’s Asia Emerging Opportunities is smaller and supports Missions in Asia. Its implementation began at the end of September 2018, and activities are at the request of USAID Missions.
The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Togo Threshold Program Advisory Services Contract, referred to as the Togo Threshold Oversight and Support (O&S) Project, provides technical expertise, oversight, and support to MCC in implementing the Togo Threshold Program (THP). Under this five-year contract, Integra is currently supporting MCC in preparing to launch the Threshold Program, including preparing the request for proposals, document reviews, and field missions as requested. The Togo Threshold Program consists of two projects, including 1) The ICT Project and 2) the Land Reform to Accelerate Agricultural Productivity (LRAP) Project.
Integra is seeking an Associate to work across all three projects, although the majority of work is expected to be supporting the Togo O&S Project. This position will work alongside two Integra staff Associates. This position provides the opportunity to work across various sectors and in countries around the globe. There will also be opportunities for short-term travel.
- Project Operations. Assist in the overall management of the project, including planning, organizing, coordination, program execution, and monitoring. Responsibilities will include project reporting, budget tracking and analysis, reviewing consultant timesheets and expense reports, assisting with project recruitment, submitting credentials and travel approval requests, conducting project launch and close-out activities, and providing administrative support as required.
- Research and Data Analysis. Provide research assistance and data analysis to support project work assignments. This includes Cost-Benefit Analysis, Public Financial Management, Performance Evaluations, Impact Evaluations, and Political Economy Assessments. Other work can consist of: developing training materials; checking, coding, and cleaning data sets; analysis of large and small data sets; preparation of tables and figures for communication of research results; liaising with counterparts overseas; conducting and organizing literature reviews and other secondary data searches; contributing to the preparation of professional papers, research reports, presentations, articles, and proposals.
- Provide Logistical and Technical Support on Work Assignments. Coordinate approvals, logistics, and travel details for in-country work assignments. Support in-country data collection and stakeholder interviews. Provide support to write project reports and coordinate deliverable schedules.
- MA/MS degree in related field (business, economics, international relations).
- At least two years of experience in a similar role in International Development.
- Strong organizational, writing, research, quantitative, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide overall coordination, including planning, scheduling, document management, note-taking, team communications, and logistics support.
- Experience developing and/or using team-wide planning software.
- Ability to work as part of a team, prioritize, and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Speaking, reading, writing, editing skills in English and French (both required).
- Strong financial skills required, including experience with project budgeting.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Comfortable reviewing legal deliverables.
- Desire to learn and implement best practices in international development.
- Cultural understanding and overseas experience are highly preferred.
- US citizenship or work permit required.