Position: Chief of Party (COP), USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH)
Anticipated Solicitation Release: 1/15/2024
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Integra, USAID’s 2021 Small Business of the Year, is an international development firm dedicated to programming that promotes economic growth and improves livelihoods. We specialize in analytical and implementation support services to USAID Bureaus and Missions, providing customized, timely, and high-quality technical assistance under demand-driven IDIQ and BPA contracts and using proven systems and processes that allow for rapid responsiveness to USAID needs. During the past 13 years, Integra has performed over 100 complex multi-disciplinary international development assignments across 52+ countries, demanding broad technical expertise and delivery under stringent deadlines and leveraging over $1.2 billion in public and private investment for development reforms. Corporate expertise includes data collection, assessments and analytics, monitoring and evaluation, training and institutional capacity development, and CLA/knowledge management, enabling evidence-based learning and decision-making.
Integra is seeking a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). The purpose of this activity (est. $4-$10M) is to support Mission monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) systems and capacities for accountability and adaptation across the Mission portfolio to maximize development impact. This position will report to Integra’s Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning based in Washington DC. Local and expatriate candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Provide overall leadership and technical direction throughout the life of the project with a focus on achieving results as described in the contract documentation.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for USAID staff and relevant stakeholders, reporting on progress, assessing evolving needs, communicating lessons learned, etc.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, including the USAID/Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) Mission and relevant regional, and national actors including implementing partners, government institutions, and other professional organizations.
- Oversee the start-up of the contract and project-wide products and initiatives, and contribute to technical work products, provide quality assurance, and own the delivery of high-value reports, workshops, etc. to USAID clients.
- Work with Integra home-office staff in personnel and financial management of the overall project. Ensure compliance with USAID regulations, Integra’s policies and standard operating procedures, and national laws and policies.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field of study such as in development evaluation, economics, statistics, sociology, business, international development or other social science fields.
- Minimum of 15 years of development consulting experience, including at least 5 years of experience in managing donor-funded projects (preferably USAID-funded projects) in senior leadership roles, such as COP, DCOP, Team Leader, or equivalent positions, with a strong preference for candidates who have managed projects of a similar size ($4-$10M) or larger, including MEL projects.
- Experience working in the Western Balkans Region is an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of USAID policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Proven expertise in monitoring, evaluation, and learning methods, as well as experience with the CLA approach.
- Proven ability to gather and analyze data and to prepare concise and well-written reports/presentations and visually effective graphics for different audiences—technical, management, and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to utilize both qualitative and quantitative data in evaluating program performance and guiding adaptive management.
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in BosnianCroatian/Serbian is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise overall quality control, meeting high technical and editorial standards in written products.